commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] Problems running unit tests?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:24:22 GMT
On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:14, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2002, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > Date: 08 Jul 2002 13:03:04 -0400
> > From: Jason van Zyl <jason@zenplex.com>
> > To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: Re: [jelly] Problems running unit tests?
> >
> > On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 12:31, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> > > I'm trying to build jelly using the default Ant target (JDK 1.4.0_01, Ant
> > > 1.4.1, Maven b4), but I get many cases of the following type of exception:
> > >
> > >   Testcase: testExample1 took 0.16 sec
> > >       Caused an ERROR
> > >   loader constraints violated when linking org/xml/sax/ContentHandler class
> > >
> > > coming from line 516 of XMLParser.java in the getXMLReader() method.  I
> > > get similar failures when trying to use JDK 1.3.a or Ant 1.5b3 instead).
> > > Any ideas what's going on?
> > >
> > > (I thought using Maven was supposed to get rid of this kind of problem :-).
> >
> > Try the ant build.xml file now. It should pull down whatever you need
> > and just build the jar.
> >

> Did you do this for jelly?  I only saw a checkin for betwixt.

I just did it for jelly now, I did it for betwixt first by mistake. Got
my betwixt betwixted :-)

> BTW, why does the generated build.xml for betwixt copy dependencies into a
> local lib directory instead of using the lib.repo repository?

I am assuming that the user has no concept of lib.repo so that the build
will work out of the box. I can certainly add a warning if the property
and directory don't exist but I figured ease of use first. I would
certainly like to share resources and I like a central repository but we
haven't decided anything as a group and wasn't going to make any more
assumptions after the last round bickering.

> Craig
>

> > > Craig
> > >

> > > --
> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason@apache.org
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >
> > In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
> > and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
> >
> >   -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society
> >

> > --
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org