commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject [CLI] commons-lang dependency
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:06:39 GMT
The version of commons-lang that I have does not contain
the NumberUtils class.  To change classes that depends on
external packages then the version number of the dependency
should be updated and the new jar should be uploaded to
the default repository (if it is a jakarta package ;).

I assume this is a temporary problem which will be
resolved with the promotion of lang to commons proper.  I
don't think the code should have been commited for the change
from Numbers to NumberUtils until this promotion was
successful.

This can be resolved in two ways, either update commons-lang
in the repository and I will update my local version or
back this change out until the lang promotion.

I'm +1 on backing the change out for a short time.

-John K