commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [latka][jelly] commons-vfs?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 06:15:14 GMT
+1.

I think this is a great idea. I'm sure there are lots of projects that could
really make great use of VFS beyond the immediate thoughts of anteater,
latka, jelly, maven, ant etc.

Are there any volunteers fancy diving in and helping to do this? (My todo
list is a bit loaded right now also).

James
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch@apache.org>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 3:21 AM
Subject: Re: [latka][jelly] commons-vfs?

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:22, Jeff Turner wrote:
> 2) Adam, if it all sounds decent, are you amenable to supporting the
> VFS as a Commons project, rather than as something Myrmidon-specific?

Definitely.  We've been planning on moving the vfs stuff somewhere else
(commons or excalibur) for ages.  Commons is probably the better option.

The vfs code is already pretty much separated from the rest of myrmidon, and
the dependencies on the avalon stuff wouldn't be a big deal to get rid of.
Unfortunately, atm I don't have much in the way of spare time to work on
this.

--
Adam