commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] testing xml output
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 07:20:09 GMT
From: "robert burrell donkin" <robertdonkin@mac.com
> i've been looking at a few (subtle) betwixt bugs recently. (i'll fix them
> once i have unit tests that can spot them.) i'm now convinced that we
> really should be testing the xml output. this leads on to the question of
> how to create these tests.
>
> i could probably start looking into xmlunit (in the sandbox) or is there a
> better way...?

I've not looked too deeply into xmlunit but it seems like a good idea, so by
all means go for it.

Incidentally I'm attempting to add a JellyUnit module to Jelly so that we
can perform XML based unit tests using either XPath or schemas like DTDs,
RelaxNG or XML Schema - it should be all there in a week or so.

James