commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-comm...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt / logging] SecurityException being thrown
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:05:59 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>

> > I'd love to use more Commons stuff, but kinda tough when the
SecurityManager
> > won't let Commons Logging work.
> >

> The most common cause for this was failure to catch and ignore an
> exception while trying to read system properties in the 1.0 release
> version of commons-logging.  This has been fixed in the lastest nightly
> builds (and I thought Costin was going to do a 1.0.1 to pick it up --
> guess that hasn't happened yet).  Could you try a more recent
> commons-logging.jar and see if it solves this problem for you?

I wish I could say that it solves the problem, but it doesn't.  I've
upgraded to the latest nightly build and the result is the same.

There are a few variables in my equation: I'm running a Java program which
has a tight SecurityManager installed, and I've granted a policy file to the
process.  I see SecurityException being caught explicitly in
LogFactory.getFactory() twice - does it need to be addd to the middle
section also?

    Erik