commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dmi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jxpath pointers
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:20:54 GMT
Torsten,

I think this might be a bug.  I bet the pointer you are getting is one of
the Null*Pointer's.  The context should of course check if the pointer is
one of those and return null if it is.  I'll look into it.

Thanks,

- Dmitri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@dff.st>
To: <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:14 AM
Subject: jxpath pointers

Did I miss something or what am I doing wrong?

   Document doc = new DocumentImpl();
   context = JXPathContext.newContext(doc);
   context.setLenient(true);
   context.setFactory(new W3CFactory());

   Pointer p = context.getPointer(xpath);

   -> p != null

Shouldn't getPointer return "null" for the Pointer?
The Node is NOT existing yet? But since I am not quite
sure about the Pointer construct I haven't filed a bug
report yet.

Is this a bug?
--
Torsten