commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <>
Subject RE: [IO] filefilter sub-package
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:12:26 GMT
> From: Henri Yandell []
> As a part of the recent submission of IO code from Avalon, 5
> FileFilters were added. These are actually extensions of
> Firstly, is anyone against pushing these into their own package named

Nope.  +1

> Secondly, does anyone see a reason why some of these can't be
> rather than
> FileFilter is JDK 1.2, but that's not normally an issue.
> Also, should the FilenameFilter version also be managed somehow?

I see no issues with it.

I do have a question.  Are FilenameFilters and FileFilters useable
in all the same contexts?  IOW when we are searching directories or
limiting what goes in a FileDialog box can either be used?  If so,
then go ahead and nuke the older format.  If not, then we need to
maintain the FilenameFilter version--perhaps even within the same
class (unless the interface is incompatible).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message