commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang.Strings] Unit Test todo list [lang]
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:53:06 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> 1) I'd like to suggest dropping isLine and quoteRegexp.
+1

> 3) Ideas for good ways to test stack trace are welcomed.
My view is that stack trace fits better with either the proposed system
package, or the exception package. As for testing, well thats tricky. Each
JVM produces different trace, so really all the test can do is test to see
if the output strings contains certain strings (name of exception, name of
each class in hierarchy, etc)

> 4) Views on wordWrap. While good functionality [i think], it has some
> quirky errors on some forms of boundary cases. Should there be a WordWrap
> class in another package for text formatting?
I would support breaking out all the word wrap methods into a separate
class, lets say WrapUtils. I'm also a little clear about which wrap method I
would use when.

Stephen