commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Venter" <sco...@izazi.com>
Subject New User: HttpClient suitability for production usage.
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:34:15 GMT
Good day,

I have just stumbled across Jakarta Commons HTTP Client component, while searching for a component
suitable for URL Connection pooling, which displays levels of stability required for production
grade. Since I am currently using a host of different apache products I am quite keen to use
this framework.

I would like to ask if anyone is currently using the framework in production grade systems?
I realise that The Jakarta Commons HTTP Client home site does say that the component allows
systems to leverage or extend the HTTP protocol for distributed communication, but I would
like to hear from developers who are using this in their production systems.

I am working on some EJB's which require HTTP methods to handle distributed comms. I have
implemented a set of classes using the java.net.URL and java.net.URLConnection classes, but
am unconvinced of the stability of my classes. I am also requiring URL connection pooling,
which I have not been able to implement. Obviously these are both features that I require
and that the Http Client Component offer. The question now is suitability.

Many thanks and kind regards
Scott.