commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [CLI] Feature requests and submissions
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:11:13 GMT
I am in the process of creating an ExcaliburCompatTest.java to add to
the
suite of tests for CLI.  The ExcaliburCLICompatTest is the converted
test suite
for Excalibur's CLI utility.  In oder to minimize the rework that needs
be done to it, I have one request.

Please provide a method where I can get an array of the parsed options
so
that I can iterate through them and get the arguments.  If this is
something
that is easy to do, I will put together a patch and submit it to the
list.

I personally prefer to process my arguments in this manner because for
some
things a switch statement is more readable than if/then, if/then,
if/then....

If you have already started on this, let me know.  I will send you the
conversion I have so far for the ExcaliburCLICompatTest object, so you
can
see what might need attending to.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin