commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rand McNeely" <rand_mcne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [lang] [patch] Numbers.containsDigits(String)
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:56:31 GMT
I'll be happy to write the unit test.

As far as the class in general, I would...

rename containsDigits to isOnlyDigits ("a9ez" contains digits)

and as noted there may be some performance issues in the
isNumber(String) method.

 Also, is there a reason we don't have a maximum(int,int,int) for
completeness (as far as that goes, what about longs, etc - perhaps the
method should be changed to use longs instead of ints)?

Other methods that might be nice but can wait until a 1.0 release are
operators for the primitive wrappers (add(Integer a,Integer b), etc).

<commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>