commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ron Segal" <>
Subject Malformed manifest in commons-logging
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:05:30 GMT
As a user, I wanted to report the following problem with

On attempting to initialise James with an invocation to client.Call in
an axis mailet, James falls over complaining about a malformed number in

Opening up the manifest inside the common-logging.jar  I discovered that
an implementation version attribute has been used that does not comply
with the Sun specification. It should be a dot separated number with no
spaces, dashes or characters in it. So I removed the illegal part '-dev'
from the version attribute and re-created the .jar.  Put the .jar back
into the apps/james/lib directory and voila, it ran.
Hope this is useful.