commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ron Segal" <...@segal.co.nz>
Subject Malformed manifest in commons-logging
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:05:30 GMT
As a user, I wanted to report the following problem with
commons-logging.

On attempting to initialise James with an invocation to client.Call in
an axis mailet, James falls over complaining about a malformed number in
commons-logging.

Opening up the manifest inside the common-logging.jar  I discovered that
an implementation version attribute has been used that does not comply
with the Sun specification. It should be a dot separated number with no
spaces, dashes or characters in it. So I removed the illegal part '-dev'
from the version attribute and re-created the .jar.  Put the .jar back
into the apps/james/lib directory and voila, it ran.
Hope this is useful.
Cheers
Ron
 
 

 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message