commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject RE: [commons-logging] New services API
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:40:03 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Services is a noun, discovery is a verb...  Agree that I've got a
> collision.  Also agree that services is overloaded.  I'm going to create
> the 'discovery' tree in the sandbox, rename the package to 'org.apache.
> commons.service.discovery', and keep my class names as-is.  We can
> straighten any remaining concerns out in the sandbox.

What about org.apache.commons.discovery ?

Sandbox is fine, if you want to - but it would be good to have it
stable and 1.0 soon, so we can start trying to get the various
projects duplicating this functionality to eventually share it.
Most cut&paste the code, but there are variations and class loader
issues, it would be much simpler to have a consistent impl.

Costin