commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:55:29 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> on 6/24/02 10:21 AM, "dion@multitask.com.au" <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Why didn't you -1 his changes back on April 30? There has been almost 2
> > months since this change was committed. You'd think someone would have
> > noticed by now if they were actively developing without Maven installed.

I didn't -1 the changes because I had no idea about what was happening
- I can't read all the CVS messages. I expect important stuff like that
will get discussed and voted upon.

I still can't understand why someone would remove the ability to build
with plain ant - for components where most of the ant file is <javac> and
<jar>. And do that in commons, knowing many projects depend on the stuff
here and could be affected.

Costin