commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject RE: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:05:40 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Hey, I'm not making the rules, they were Costin's.

I think the 'vote before major changes' are jakarta rules.

The 1.0 requirement is ( AFAIK ) one of tomcat's ( and probably
other projects ). And it can be overriden by a vote, like
anything else. We all know the dangers of using code where no guarantee
 is made on backward compatibility or API stability.

And note I never said Maven shouldn't be used in commons - just
that the plain ant build files shouldn't be removed and Maven
shouldn't be required to do the common build.

Costin