commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:00:59 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> > I think, I will use Maven (I like "Maven encourages the use of a central
> > repository of JARs"),
>
> Try centipede.
> It uses commons' JJAR for it, uses the standard Gump descriptor and uses
> integrates nicely with Ant.

Can it build tomcat without replacing build.xml, using the gump
descriptors ? Can it build Commons packages from the gump descriptors ?
Can it build the whole jakarta from the gump descriptors ? Is it
easier to use than gump ?

If the answer is yes - we should stop discussing about Maven ( which
aparently is not intended as a gump replacement, but only for doc/site
generation and many other features ), and start discussing about
using centipede to build commons ( and tomcat, etc ).

Costin