commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:16:36 GMT
On 24 Jun 2002, John Keyes wrote:
> Folks the discussion here should not be about what GUMP is or
> what Maven is.  It should be about standardizing the build
> process for Commons.

Hmmm...  Maybe I should have been paying more attention to this thread.
I didn't realize there was talk about standardizing build process for
all of commons.

> It seems that the general consensus is that to satisfy all
> parties there should be two ant projects, build.xml and
> build-maven.xml.  Could this issue be resolved with just one
> project, build.xml.
>
> The default target for this project must generate the binary
> distribution.  If the default target is 'dist' then both scenarios
> could be accomodated as follows:

I'm not so sure about tha.  Currently, collections has the tests run as
the default project (compiling anything as necessary).  I feel it's a
good thing to have the full test suite run by default, and I wouldn't
want that to change

> <target name="dist" depends="ant-dist, maven-dist"/>
>
> <target name="ant-dist" unless="maven.home">
> </target>
>
> <target name="maven-dist" if="maven.home">
> </target>

regards,
michael