commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Commons architecture
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:01:01 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> Collections, although quite coherent, is getting so large that I can't
> always assume a new collection class that I might want to contribute to it
> will become part of a released version of collections (so I can publish a
> dependency on a particular version x.y) in a timely manner; making it more
> likely that I'd just stick it in the "util" subpackage of my own package
> frist.

Please, submit it anyway.  While we may not have a release in time for
you to depend on a particular version, if the class is added, you can
remove it from your own package at a later date.  And depending on when
you submit, it's possible we can be persuaded into releasing much
sooner.  Without people pressuring us to release, it sometimes gets
pushed off.

regards,
michael