commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] StaticBucketMap
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:56:32 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Was there a rationale for the name 'Static' in StaticBucketMap. It makes me
> think it uses a static variable to store the data, which it doesn't. Could
> we consider a different name? Bounded has been suggested elsewhere, does
> this describe it?

yes and no.  It's not bounded in terms of limiting the number of
mappings that it contains.  It just does not scale very well over a
certain number of elements.  The "static" makes more sense when placed
into context of a "dynamic" bucket map.  I can understand the potential
for confusion though.    What do others think?

regards,
michael