commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:57:37 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Patrick is a Tomcat committer who plans to contribute new code to the
> commons-daemon module (and he's actually mentioned in the status
> document). I can commit his code for him, at which point karma would
> probably be granted to him, but I think it would be easier is he just
> did it himslef.
>
> Please send your +1s if you agree (he has mine).

It doesn't matter.  If he's a jakarta committer, he can get access to
the sandbox just by asking, no vote needed (daemon is still in the
sandbox).

> Daemon will likely become an important component of the next major
> Tomcat version, so expect some activity there.

Been waiting for activity for a while now.  For daemon and for that
"wrapper" component that was proposed:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5400

michael