commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons-Avalon:collections] code integration
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:19:26 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The Avalon project has decided that it's time to move some packages of
> the jakarta-avalon-excalibur module to Commons.
>
> Some of the packages there eligible for the move are:
[snip]
> collections

It looks like most of collections was already copied over some time ago
(just over a year ago).  The only things missing are the Buffer classes
and the BucketMap.

>         how can we integrate?

The code that had already been moved over differs a bit, but i have a
feeling it's mostly just by "style" since the avalon versions went
through a reformatting of the code 3 months ago.  I'd be more than happy
to assist in looking for actual code differences and integrating them.
I won't have a chance for at least a week though.

I do have a couple of concerns with the BucketMap.  In a quick glance,
it looks like it doesn't follow the Map contract -- the colletion views
are not backed by the map.  The new commons collections test suite for
Map implementations should check for that, along with potentially other
differences from the Map contract.  Any differences in contract would
have to be resolved.

regards,
michael