commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] creation of commons-users mailing list
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:34:34 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Dmitri Plotnikov wrote:
> +1
>
> What is the definition of "user" in regards to commons?  A lot of users
> are in fact contributors to other parts of Jakarta.  Is the interaction
> between the commons and non-commons Jakarta contributors supposed to go
> on commons-user or commons-dev?

If the topic of conversion deals with the development of a commons
component, it goes on the -dev list.  If it deals with the use of a
component, it goes on the -user list.  Interaction between commons and
non-commons contributers should occur on which list is appropriate for
the topic of conversation.  Note that I said "should".  I anticipate
there will still be user-type questions from non-commons jakarta
committers on the -dev list.

regards,
michael