commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] ArrayIterator
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:32:11 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:
> I'd like to add some overloaded constructors and setArray methods to
> ArrayIterator which allow the start and end indices to be set.
> I found that really useful recently.

no objections to overloading the constructors.  I'm a bit concerned
about the setArray method though.  I don't think it should exist in the
first place, and adding more just makes it worse in my opinion -- you
sholdn't be able to change the underlying array while iterating because
it will result in unpredictable behavior.  Using an empty constructor
and a setArray is analogous to making the ArrayIterator a bean, but an
iterator should not be a bean -- it's not data.  Just my opinion I
guess...

michael