commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: How do I get off this list?
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:57:10 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Steve Cohen wrote:
> Thank you.  I missed that.  The address I sent to was simply pasted from the
> welcoming email I received when I joined the list.  I received no error
> message or message of any kind after sending to the address with the hyphen.

odd.  it should have at least sent you something.  oh well.  btw, the
unsubscribe address is appended (correctly) to each message sent to the
list.

> In that welcoming message it is shown both with the hyphen (for
> "unsubscribing") and without it (for "removing your address from the list").
> Someone ought to fix this.

I'll send an email to the appropriate people.

> I would like to propose subvidision of the list.  Not only is it voluminous,
> but also the emails follow a wide variety of address patterns that make it
> difficult to filter.  If anyone has developed a filtering scheme that works,
> I'd like to hear about it.

My personal filtering scheme is completely manual.  I look at the
subject, and if its something that doesn't sound interesting, I move on
to the next message.  :)

Which components are you interested in (maybe your component generates
enough chatter to arrant its own list)?  Are you interested in
development talk or just user talk (maybe a commons-user is now
appropriate)?  Maybe it's just the non-released projects that generate
too much chatter ( in which case a commons-sandbox-dev might be
appropriate).

As the first person to (publically) say something about the traffic
volume, go ahead and propose something specific that would make you
happier.  :)

regards,
michael