commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all commons] Proposal: CommonsCommons package
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:17:24 GMT

I've actually been thinking about this for a while.  The transform stuff
and predicate stuff that is in the collections project doesn't
necessarily need to be "restricted" to collections.  That is, they
probably should exist outside of collections and have collections depend
on them.

However, I don't like the idea of a commons commons.  I dislike it for
the same reasons why this forum rejected the idea of a commons "util"
component.

Instead, it would probably be appropriate to move these into other
commons projects.  For example, "lang" or "codec" (for transforms).

regards,
michael