commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [COLLECTIONS/BEANUTILS] Is there a comparator that can dynami cally pick a method to call on a bean?
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:13:40 GMT
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Eric Pugh wrote:
> This way you can just daisy chain the decorators in one line..  Also, I was
> modeling it on ReverseComparator, which doesn't have a setComparator()...
> However, if you would like, I don't mind adding it!  Might be good to add it
> to ReverseComparator as well..

setComparator can introduce instability for collections that use the
comparator to order its contents.  If the underlying comparator changes
via setComparator, the order within the collection possibly becomes
invalid because the "sorted" items within the collection may no longer
be "sorted" based on the new underlying comparator.

michael