commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Logging: more classloader problems.
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:18:26 GMT
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On 6/6/02 2:08 PM, "costinm@covalent.net" <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
>

> > Solution:
> > Split commons-logging.jar in commons-logging-api.jar ( only the API and
> > the LogFactoryImpl, no adapteer ) and commons-logging-impl.jar.
>
> :)

If you knew that keeping the adapter in the same jar will brake
tomcat, why didn't you say so ???  :-) I remember all kind of crazy
arguments - but never saw this one.

Actually the default logger ( used if no 'real' logger is found )
and the JDK1.4 adapter will have to remain in the main jar ( unless
we want to support an alternate impl. for JDK1.4 logging - is it
even possible ? )

Costin