commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [lang] patch to Nestable interface, exception implementation classes, and test cases to get message specific to the nestable
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:11:46 GMT

None seem perfect,but I can't think of anything better than
getBaseMessage.

I may be misunderstanding, but getBaseMessage returns the message at the
top level of the Exception, ie) the most recent message.

Should we also have:

getNestedMessage() which returns the Exception at the next level down, and
getDeepNestedMessage() which returns the Exception at the bottom, assuming
all Exceptions in the chain implement Nestable?

Hen