commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] is there a release on the visible horizon?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 07:55:55 GMT

I think there's enough demand out there to get it released. The tiny size
will probably be a plus.

Maybe it's time to start thinking about what is left to be done before a
release can be made.

*) Apply your patch to the NestedException classes.

*) Website. I've the website that a recent version of Maven generates. Is
this usable or do we want to hand write something, or xdoc it anyway.

http://www.generationjava.com/maven/jakarta-commons-sandbox/lang/

Peruse the javadoc to find anything with bad javadoc. See if any of the
checkstyle errors are considered important, or just me not tuning it
correctly. Add other developers beyond the initial committers.

I've a document I wrote on a version of Strings for a JUG which I can
modify and attach to the site under some form of heading.

*) Unit Tests. More unit tests are needed. Numbers, Classes, Constant need
unit tests and Strings could do with more tests in its unit test. I won't
be able to start til Wednesday, but will make these my number one Apache
topic.

*) Check Commons.Lang is in whichever bug tool is in use currently, scarab
or bugzilla.

*) Check what Commons.Lang/Gump status is.

With those done, I think there should be nothing to stop a 1.0 version
being released, and we can call for a vote.

Any other things we need to do?

Hen