commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 00:20:52 GMT

To second dion's last email, the current Commons site is pretty poor. I've
been involving myself with Maven not as a developer, but as a user. My
first needs were to solve build problems at my company [JJAR and Maven
were the options], then to provide a better structure for my own code at
generationjava and better structure for Commons.

Generally I've been a nuisance, complaining and trying to be a typical
user. While it doesn't solve every projects needs, it does fit Commons
nicely and as it matures hopefully Commons can start to rely on that.

Until that time, I believe we should start dipping our toes in and working
towards it.

Hen