commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [Lang] Add Factory and Identifier to Lang
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:51:18 GMT

-1. These aren't Lang things. They seem to me to be more a question of
making a common set of interfaces for patterns.

A package I have for myself is com.xx.patterns. Then inside that I have a
Null interface for showing if something implements the Null pattern, and a
set of Registrys for things that implement the Registry pattern [okay, not
really the right name for a pattern, is a name my colleagues and I used
for Factories with modifiable state].

Lang is for things that map to java.lang or very core types, but not for
things that just seem very very generic.

Just my -1,

Hen