commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:25:54 GMT

I'm not suggesting taking maven away, just unmavenising the build.xml's
which have no need to be mavenised and create a major versionning issue
for us.

I don't think the reaction is too late btw :) Most commons projects are
still on the old system. It was only when I started to mavenise Lang that
I realised that there is no real structure as to how we're planning to add
maven to the Commons packages.

I'm currently using the CVS Head for Maven and that is not backward
compatible with the project.xml's that Commons is using, so I'm pretty
sure that Maven-b5 will not accept any of the Commons projects.

Hen