commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject OT: LGPL/Java Was: [graph] Documentation
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:43:27 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Yup that's one of the libraries I'm looking at, but I
> was hoping to find one with a non-viral license.  Many
> question the meaning of LGPL in Java.

Yeah, a couple of years back I had been told that LGPL was great for Java
as the class/package/jar structure takes care of the clauses about being
able to replace the code easily, however it's never seemed that common.

Do you have any idea about the current stance on it? Do GNU have a view on
whether an Apache licenced project can use an LGPL?