commons-dev mailing list archives

From bob mcwhirter <...@werken.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] was Re: [BeanUtils][Betwixt][commons][jxpath] Proposal: Reflection/Introspection/MetaData package
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:10:10 GMT

I don't know exactly how/if it fits in, but Ant does a fair bit
of introspection also.  So far, I haven't been able to use beanutils
(I may be using it wrong) to do what Ant does.

Seems like most of the introspectors out there, given a name "fileset"
will look for something like "addFileset(...)", where ant's introspector
can actually find "addFileSet(...)" since it first looks at the methods
and then toLowerCase()'s the root.  Likewise, when doing lookups.

Basically, from the methods, it can determine the properties, as opposed
to being given a property, and then looking up a matching method.  Where
BeanUtils will sometimes fail (not find the method with the interCaps),
Ant's introspector will sometimes work (find the method with the interCaps).

	-bob