commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [reflect] Proposals:
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:51:03 GMT

Our 'fake' name for reflection + introspection was: introflection which we
used whenever there was a bit of both involved and not strictly one or the
other.

Of course for ejSkin 'product' presentations we used 'skintroflection' :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    Dmitri

                    Plotnikov            To:     Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <dmitri@apache       cc:

                    .org>                Subject:     Re: [reflect] Proposals:

                    06/17/02 09:25

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Jakarta

                    Commons

                    Developers

                    List"

How about this:  we make this thing explicitly multi-level.  For example,
we
could have

    org.apache.commons.reflect

for the convenience stuff Ola is describing.

Then, separately, we could have

    org.apache.commons.reflect.introspect

for the framework that builds on ...reflect and provides similar
conveniences for all kinds of introspection.  Perhaps that's where Steve's
rules belong.

<dmitri:nag>
I still think we'd be better of with a more catchy name:

org.apache.commons.jin.reflect
org.apache.commons.jin.introspect
</dmitri:nag>

- Dmitri