commons-dev mailing list archives

From rsi...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Eclipse & cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/jexl/xdocs project.xml
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:10:29 GMT
I've found that if I use 'cygwin' CVS tools (and possibly others?) to
checkout and commit, and 'eclipse' to edit, that I have problems.

Eclipse appears to sense the Win32 platform, and convert text files to
CR/LF on a save operation.  The next time you use CVS to commit, it appears
to change the LF to a CR/LF.   I was frequenly finding CR/CR/LF when using
eclipse and cygwin cvs together.

If I use the team environment in eclipse for CVS operations, all appears to
work nicely.

<ras>

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices