commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 04:44:11 GMT
Costin,

could you give a reason?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

costinm@covalent.net
06/22/02 05:46 AM
Please respond to "Jakarta Commons Developers List"

Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

bcc

Subject
Re: unmavenising Commons projects

I think it's a good idea.

I see no problem with supporting maven ( or centipede, or anything else ),
but I'm strongly -1 on requiring any of them to build a commons
component.

That's an official veto for any component I'm a commiter on.
I can live with a build-maven.xml and a build-centipede.xml, as long as
build.xml remains and can be used to build.

Ant is the build system we use, if someone wants to use something
else - that's fine ( including maven or Makefiles ).

I personally think this should be the official policy for the whole
jakarta-commons project, given the fact that many projects are using
those components.

Costin