commons-dev mailing list archives

From rsi...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [discovery] Use of ClassLoader in ClassFinder
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:20:49 GMT
One more point:  The commons-logger uses only the LogFactory's class loader
to load the default implementation class.

The purpose is apparently to force override using a property, rather than
depending on an alternate default impl in the path.

Any strong feelings about this?  At the moment I preserve this, but with
the addition of a number of new class loaders, I welcome any new thoughts
on the matter.

Unless anyone convinces me otherwise, I'm going to ignore all but the
ServiceFinder's class loader (unless given a different 'root' finder class
loader, such as LogFactory which [someday] wraps ServiceFinder, in which
case I'll use it's class loader).

<ras>

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices