commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:25:43 GMT
You're kidding, right?

To 'run tests' you have to download junit's jar and place it in Ant's lib.
To produce docs, you usually need to download anakia or an XSLT engine and
place it in Ant's lib.

Under the current system these steps are all manual.

Using some commons projects, e.g. Latka before I started using maven with
it, meant download six or seven jars MANUALLY and updating a local
properties file by copying a sample, all before compilation could start.
This is a lot harder than just asking maven to do it automatically after
it's installed.

I agree with your goals, but the existing systems are more broken than you
describe.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au