commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Proposals...
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:20:53 GMT
Hi Costin,

> Please note there are 2 important APIs you should look at - JMX and
> java preferences.

Yeah... although I am not impressed about the Java Preferences thing.
Is it just me or are SUN APIs going down on quality lately?

> My view on configuration is that JMX should be used as the main
> interface for the configurable components, and something similar
> with java preferences ( but useable in JDK < 1.4 ) for storing/reading
> the data.

If you turn that "should" from "...JMX should be used..." into a
"could", I would agree.

I would hate having to use JMX to configure some of my lighter
stuff.
=:o/

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar