commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org>
Subject RE: [Commons-Avalon:collections] code integration
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:42:49 GMT
> I thought you did:
>
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Jack, Paul wrote:
> > Iterator.remove() would have to completely recopy the
> > internal array and reset the head and tail.  Again, it'd
> > be extremely slow -- but wouldn't affect the add() and remove()
> > implementations.

Heh, poor word choice.  The elements would have to be shifted
but there wouldn't be any new memory allocations or
System.arraycopy involved.

> > I really don't see how their support causes *any* issues.
>
> And I don't see why the *optional* operations *need* to be supported.

Well, the effort to support them is minimal; and it'd be a bit
wierd to have a collection that does support element removal but
raises UnsupportedOperation on the standard removal methods.

-Paul