commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Re: [reflect] Some thoughts
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:25:50 GMT
>I was thinking of an interface that can recognise these different types of
>method, without necessarily needing to have separate classes for each type.
>But that is open for discussion.

Basically I agree, my Setters and Getters share mechanisms. For selecting out methods in a
class, no problem, that is the general case. And there a  Predicate (or chain of Predicates)
will do as a rule (one predicate to filter out the public methods, one predicate to select
the setXXX methods, one predicate to select methods with one parameter etc).

The less general case would be extracting a property name from the method name, and that would
need some kind of rule (a Transformer?).

But how do you use it, without defining new methods for new categories of Methods? A base
class that is easy to subclass?

/O