commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Re: [collection] Transformer exception handling
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:03:07 GMT
This is one of the two reasons why I don\'t use jakartas framework (yet) but stick to my own.
The generic transforming method needs to be declared as throwing exceptions.

My Transformation interface (a Transformation is the thing doing the Transformation from one
class to another, the Transformer is the surrounding framework) throws InstantiationException
and InvocationTargetException (since some reflection almost always is there). InvocationTargetException
wraps another Exception, and this is how java.lang.reflect deals with it.

At one time, I let it throw Exception, but I have changed into the two mentioned.

/O