commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Interesting
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:08:33 GMT
Being away from the Java Open Source movement for awhile, I now stumbled across the Commons
project. I see that you have recognized the lack of pretty much the same things that I have:
collection utilities, converters, dynamic beans and bean tools, among others.

I am now going to skip my own packages in favor of yours, as standard/wide-spread/freeware
is better than personal/personal/personal.

But I lack a few things in your utilities (of what I have seen in the API-docs, pardon me
if I didn\'t notice them elsewhere) that I have in mine.

Bean utilities:
a bean differ, producing diffs between beans (and with the ability to patch (excellent wherever
you need diffs or finding incremental updates, just wrap the data in beans and the framework
will do the rest).

Converters:
A fall-back default Converter that looks for a constructor that accepts only one String as
parameter in the desired class.

Plus some more ideas and things.

Does that sound interesting?

/O