commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bemt, Martin van den" <>
Subject RE: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:56:48 GMT

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Juozas Baliuka []
Verzonden: Monday, June 24, 2002 5:31 PM
Aan: Jakarta Commons Developers List; Jakarta Commons Developers List
Onderwerp: Re: unmavenising Commons projects

> Any new tool seems "bad" for user, if he do not know how to use it.

We think probably it's normal to download jar's (or build jars) from 20
places to satisfy dependencies on projects, but please don't tell me that
users think that is easier then getting maven installed (besides that fact
that they can think "What is Maven?"), who can handle all that misery for
them (and it is a misery, let's be honest).
As an example : If you know how to build tomcat (especially when a
dependency changes, try figure that one out using diff or visual..), you are
not a user anymore, but you are an expert.

So let's forget all about that talk about the users of common and let's
focus on what the developers want.
Just get the nigthlies working correctly (if it isn't already through gump)
and if someone really wants to use cvs to build everything themselves (which
I started doing as a user btw), adopt to the plan chosen by the developers..
(which I did too ;))

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message