commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brekke, Jeff" <Jeff.Bre...@qg.com>
Subject RE: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:43:02 GMT
> Mainly:
>
> 1) Maven is in rapid development. When b5 is released, it will mean
> upgrading all Commons projects.
>
> 2) I see no documentation in the Commons projects telling me
> which version
> of Maven we need. Furthermore, I don't believe it is at all
> easy to run
> multiple versions of maven as the same user.

I understand.  Good points.  I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to
use the latest released version of Maven.  But to get all projects in order
might be challenging.  For me the advantages of using Maven outweigh this
annoyance.

> 3) There is no need to use build.xml with Maven anymore. By
> rolling them
> back we can have both the old system and the new system working fine.

-1, multiple ways to build will just create more work.  One or the other.

Jeffrey D. Brekke                                   Quad/Graphics
Jeff.Brekke@qg.com                              http://www.qg.com