commons-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] creation of commons-users mailing list
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:15:05 GMT
Martin Cooper <martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com> wrote:

> Should commons-dev folks be automatically subscribed to this new list? It
> doesn't seem like that happened, but the new list won't be useful with
> nobody subscribed to it, and people will just keep posting their questions
> here.
>
> Perhaps if we automatically subscribe everyone initially, then we can start
> telling folks "you should ask this on the -user list" without sending them
> into a black hole. And anyone who really doesn't want to be on the -user
> list can always unsubscribe.

Nobody asked me to do that... And it's something I'm very fond of... I
wouldn't just like to be subbed to a ML I didn't ask to...

Also, because, the little nifty beautiful message you get sent when you
subscribe for the first time tells you which address you used to subscribe,
and a lot more (like, how to friggin' unsubscribe).

    Pier