commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] bug: output is in reverse order of input...
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:45:34 GMT
on 6/12/02 11:53 PM, "James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> This was done originally by design. The XML introspector decides the
> ordering of the bean properties. You can configure this order using a
> BeanInfo. Or you can change this order via a .betwixt file for your bean.

The output ordering must match the input ordering because generally there is
a DTD which defines what the order of the elements is.

> The problem with using the input XML document as the decider of the order of
> properties, is what happens if lots of different orderings are used in
> different XML documents (or things are missing)? Which order wins?

I'm sorry. That doesn't make sense to me. You have one input and one
output...where are you getting this lots of different documents? The
ordering of the input should match the output exactly.

> Though I do concur, it might be nice to let the parsing of XML order the
> XMLBeanInfo automatically as it seems like a common use case. The way the
> ordering works right now is not ideal. I've added this issue to the
> todo.xml.

Thanks...because until this is fixed, I can't use betwixt for anything
useful.

-jon