commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ostrowski, Steven" <steven.ostrow...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: commons-logging in Applet Errors
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:56:58 GMT
Hello Richard,

	Thanks for the reply. Are you implying it was fixed in last nights
build? Or do you just want to see if the same error occurs?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: rsitze@us.ibm.com [mailto:rsitze@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 2:51 PM
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: commons-logging in Applet Errors

Try last nights build of commons-logger.
<ras>

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development

"Ostrowski, Steven"

Hello,

             I searched the archive for posts regarding errors in commons-
logging
when being used inside an applet. I was wondering if there is a workaround
for this, a way to disable it, or if there is a design decision why
commons-logging should not be used inside an applet.
             I'm trying to send a SOAPMessage by a standalone client applet
to a
URLEndpoint (the web server). This seems like a valid thing to do in an
applet. I'm using WSDP 1.0. When I call getConnection from the
SOAPConnectionFactory, it uses the commons-logging API. My error stack
trace
is shown below, with some unnecessary details left out:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.
createConnec
tion(HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.java:25)
        at
com.lmco.eldp.readisim.model.SimulationControlModel.
sendCreateEntity(Simulat
ionControlModel.java:370)
        at
com.lmco.eldp.readisim.model.SimulationControlModel.
setHost(SimulationContro
lModel.java:196)
        at
com.lmco.eldp.readisim.controller.IntroPanelController.
actionPerformed(Intro
PanelController.java:136)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1767)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.
ja
va:509)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.
ja
va:285)
        at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.
<clinit>(HttpSOAPCo
nnection.java:37)
        ... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.
getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:404)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.
ja
va:502)
        ... 28 more
        at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:105)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.loadClass(LogFactoryImpl.
java
:434)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.
getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:398)
        ... 29 more

Also, if this is the wrong mailing list, sorry for the mispost. What list
should I send this question to?

Thank You,
Steven Ostrowski