commons-dev mailing list archives

From Xiaowei Jiang <xiao...@stratify.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Post parameters
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:44:55 GMT
in PostMethod, there is a method called setRequestBody. You can use that to
solve your problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominic Hughes [mailto:dominic@theory.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 2:38 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List; joncrlsn@users.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [HttpClient] Post parameters

I posted a related HttpClient problem on 26 May, involving POST
parameters.

After investigation using logging, my friend and I observed that some
sites are so badly implemented that they are sensitive to the order of
parameters posted in the query string.  To make PostMethod robust for such
sites, we re-implemented our own version of PostMethod, allowing us to
control the ordering of parameters when the query string is formed.

I'm a complete newbie to open source.  Who do I discuss this problem with
in order to determine whether I should go in and de-bug PostMethod myself?
Or is there some official bug list to post on, so that that someone with
more authority can fix this bug?  Please let me know how I can be the most
helpful.

Dominic